Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dinner, a Birthday Party, and Another Lazy Weekend


Sorry about the delay everyone, but I've been busy; I worked 2 hours this week!

Life continues to be great! Friday night I played some squash and then the four of us went for dinner. We haven't decided whether or not we'll do dinner out every Friday night, or every other Friday. I guess that will depend on how much money I'm making. For our first dinner out we chose Mexicana. Amanda and I had already been there with some friends, but we wanted to take the kids. The kids loved the food. Who knew there would be such a great Mexican restaurant in Macau?? After dinner we stopped for a treat at Cuppa Coffee, because not only do they sell coffee and egg tarts...but there are cakes, donuts, and other pastries.

On Saturday Amanda and I headed out to buy some groceries and to get a birthday gift for a little girl in Amanda's class. She was kind enough to invite Kaidyn to her birthday party at The Venetian. We ended up going to three different stores to try and find the ingredients for guacamole. We never did find limes, and ended up having to use lemons. Amanda also bought some GIANT peppers hoping they were jalapenos. It was hard to tell since they were 10 times the size of a jalapeno back home. She bought them anyways and decided to chop off a piece and eat it to see if it was spicy. It WAS spicy!

The rest of the afternoon we relaxed. We were supposed to be going on the Macau Trailwalker trek, but another middle of the night thunder storm caused some flooding on the trails in Coloane and it was postponed until October 9th. So, we lazed around most of the day, watched a movie and relaxed. Saturday night Amanda went to Nick and Gill's house for some sangria and munchies. We were both supposed to go, but Kylisha was invited to a sleepover at a friend's house, so our babysitter was N/A.

On Sunday I went to play squash first thing in the morning and then I headed to a pancake potluck at Trevor and Kerrie's place. Amanda and Kaidyn missed Kerrie's delicious cinnamon buns in order to attend the birthday party at Qube in the Venetian.

Basically the Qube is a MoonWalkers/Let's Play kind of place on the 5th floor of a hotel. There are some slides there that are pretty intense. Anyone who knows Kaid knows that he's a pretty brave kid, and there was one slide there that he apparently wouldn't go down. The one in question goes straight down for a good 3 meters before breaking. It also requires the sliders to wear a helmet!! One of the other slides does go straight down, but only momentarily and there is a giant ball pit at the bottom, so Kaidyn enjoyed it a lot (once he finally got up the nerve to go down). The birthday party guests enjoyed a fully catered hot buffet lunch. There were assorted sandwiches, multiple kinds of pastas, chinese noodles, and desserts. Then the cake came out. Amanda's class had taught her how to sing Happy Birthday in Chinese...and they sang it in English! Hahaha!! She also said that in order to play on the equipment at Qube kids needed socks, long pants, and long shirts. And, there were attendants at the top of each slide (wearing masks), almost like at a water park. We will definitely go back some day soon. I'm going down that red slide for sure!!!

This week I started tutoring a grade 7 boy at the school. I'm using Amanda's classroom on Mondays and Wednesdays after school. I'm pretty exhausted after working those two hours this week. I had to have a nap as soon as I got home. I am also happy to report that I will be making my debut as a substitute teacher on Friday. In KINDERGARTEN! I'm sure that won't be exhausting at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment