Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bali perspectives


During the Chinese New Year holiday we spent a week in Bali. We started out with a few nights in Ubud and then headed to Changgu where we rented a villa. The villa came with a pool, a driver, and a cook who made breakfast for us every morning. It was pretty sweet. During our time there we did a little yoga, had a few massages, and toured around the island. We went to a coffee plantation. We learned how they make batik. We met some amazing people (even bartering in Bali was a pleasure..."Okay, special morning price for you. Good luck for you, good luck for me.") Since our return we've been asked over and over again whether we like Bali better or Thailand better. Here are our perspectives:

Mine:
I like Thailand better. It was cleaner and the food was better. The beaches were better, but surfing in Bali rocked!!! Would definitely go back again though. That is all.

Amanda:
When we first got to Bali we stayed in Ubud and I LOVED Ubud!!! So much!!!! It has this mystical sort of feeling. There were many statues and they were covered in moss. Everything was so green! We saw some traditional Balinese dancing in Ubud and it was incredible. I loved the vibe there and would say that if you had asked me whether I liked Ubud or Thailand better, I'd say Ubud. But, I didn't really like traveling around Bali; the traffic was awful. The water was also rougher which made swimming dangerous most of the time. I was also not a fan of all the poor stray dogs (although, Thailand also had a lot of those). Tough call...but if I had to go back to one tomorrow I think I'd choose Thailand.

Kaid:
I like Bali better because I went to the beach. I liked going to the beach because it was fun.

Kylisha:
I like Bali better. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment