Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Christmas in Canada and Chinese New Year in Palawan

Let me first apologize for the crazy amount of blog posts I've been posting. I just can't control myself! For real, sorry for the boringness of posting once every year.

This past Christmas was the first Xmas we had gone back to Canada. Our first Christmas was spent in Thailand and second with Dane and Kirsten in Perth so we figured it was time for a white Christmas. We had a fabulous 18 days back in the snow surrounded by our families and friends. We managed to squeeze in all of our quadding, tobogganing, visiting, eating and collarbone breaking and returned to Macao super jetlegged and working the next morning. The long travel and no sleep was definitely worth it.

We ended up working for 5 weeks and then it was Chinese New Year! We once again headed off for the Philippines and decided to try out the island of Palawan. Amanda and I decided that we now declare the Philippines as our CNY vacation destination. We have had such awesome times there and the people are just some of the best people you'll ever meet. My Tagalog is improving each and every time we go! Our coworkers Jaclyn and Connie joined us and all we did was eat, sleep and read. It was the most relaxing vacation I've ever been on! We only had electricity from 6 pm till midnight! Anyways, here is a slideshow of our latest holidays and I promise to post more frequently!









No comments:

Post a Comment