Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

ShangHai








I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Learning 2.011 Conference in Shanghai at the beginning of September. It was a great conference and I really learned a lot about how to integrate more technology into my classroom.

As an added bonus I also got to spend some time exploring Shanghai. It is definitely right up there with Hong Kong as my favourite Asian city. It's architecture is amazing and the mix of old and new throughout the city is incredible. My favourite area was The French Concession. We found an amazing bakery with delicious treats...





Here is The Bund at night...









Here's me in front of the Maglev (magnetic-levitation) train. It goes over 400 km/hr and it's actually a magnet that levitates above the track...



We checked out The Jazz Bar at The Peace Hotel. Amazing music and mojitos...




Okay...in the French Concession Karen and I walked into a clothing store and I saw this cat. I thought it was fake. Not so...


In Fuxing Park my friend Karen and I tried our luck in this little beauty. We would not make very good hamsters...


We spent some time in Xin Tian Di and . AMAZING little streets and alleys lined with cool little shops and great restaurants with patios perfect for people watching...



Lots of yummy food...



I am very much hopeful that someday I will be able to visit Shanghai again (hopefully with my family). Next time...the Science Museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment