Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

9. Go to a concert

The Kiat ladies have been busy concert goers the last month.

On Valentine's Day Amanda, her friend Lynn, Kylisha, and a friend of Kylisha's headed over to Hong Kong after school for the evening. They went for dinner and then went to the Janet Jackson concert. Originally, Amanda had bought the 4 tickets for me and her and Lynn and Lynn's boyfriend Dan. However, Dan didn't end up coming with Lynn. So basically Dan saved me from having to go to Janet Jackson. Haha! Also, I was anticipating "big bonedy" Janet as opposed to "hot Janet". The girls said that Janet can still dance and that she put on a good show.


A week after Janet Kylisha and a bunch of friends headed back to Hong Kong for a Taylor Swift concert. I'm sure there was lots of screaming and craziness. Taylor apparently touched their hands as she ran by. I don't really understand the hype. Now if that had been my girlfriend Katy Perry...

Last Friday someone named Michael Buble came to town. This has been a MUCHLY anticipated event for my wife. For one thing, she loves him. A LOT! "He's so charming!" "He's so hot!" "He's so funny!" BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!

But, the other reason why she was so looking forward to this concert is because her cousin Craig is the sound guy for the supposedly charming, hot, funny Canadian crooner. Amanda and her friend Gill went to the concert, got to go back stage and then took her cousin out in Hong Kong after the concert. I took a pass on this one too as I know my wife and Gill, and would not have been able to keep up with them apres concert. Mind you if it was my girlfriend Katy Perry.....I would have been on it like white on rice.


Here's a nice shot I found on Amanda's camera of two "friends" the trio made. Amanda tells me the gentleman on the left was a bartender at one of the establishments the three visited. I think given Amanda's "state" at the time she probably thought that he was actually Michael Buble. You may notice that the gentleman is not wearing a shirt-Amanda bought his shirt from him as a souvenir for her cousin. I'm sure the girl on the right is now my wife's BFF...or Facebook friend.

Amanda's cousin had a lobby call at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday since the tour was heading on to Kuala Lumpur, so the trio had to wrap up their festivities slightly before that. Needless to say, Amanda had food poisoning on Saturday. And Lan Kwai Fong will never be the same.


35 DONE...65 left to go!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

EXAGGERATE EXAGGERATE EXAGGERATE. This is what Les does best. Anyone who really knows me knows that these "tales" of his are ridiculousness!!

Amanda :)

Anonymous said...

All this because Les asked "who's in the picture?" and you said "I don't know, I can't remember."

Purely contrived.

Craigers said...

I have been many places in this world of ours, and i can hold my own with the best of them when it comes time to party. But one night in Hong Kong with Mandy and GIl and i am forever a changed man!
Sure felt great to sleep the entire five hour flight to KL....

Post a Comment