Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Amanda speaking

Hi folks!!

Let me preface this by saying that this is Amanda writing this post...not Les. He has made it clear that he doesn't want anything to do with this post. Fair enough.


I miss you all. A LOT! There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about someone from back home and get a little (okay, sometimes a BIG) lump in my throat. Thanksgiving was horrible for me. I spent a couple of days crying. I missed our traditions. I missed the crisp fall air, and I missed all of you and our pets! Thankfully there are wonderful people here who helped me understand that it is perfectly normal to be a little homesick at times (especially around the holidays). Still doesn't make it any easier.



We've missed some pretty wonderful things back home. 3 babies have been born (and another one is on the way in the next few weeks), our annual back to school BBQ didn't happen and my best friend turned 35. I've missed Val Chow cookies and some dinner club time with my ladies, and I missed my mom's birthday. I haven't played a soccer or basketball game since July and I miss my team members a lot. Every night my feet search the end of the bed for Brady, Lola, and Kitten who should be there. And every night they are not there.




I miss my brother and sisters terribly and would kill for a hug from my mom and dad. I want to have a beverage with Jolene while we cook dinner together. I want to go to a movie with Lynn. I want to eat good things and drink bellini's, mojitos and strawberry quicks with Kim, Sandra, Susan, Leah, Ally, Michelle, Nicole, and Val. I want to go for slurpees with Leah, Kim and Lisa. I want hugs from Amaya, Eden, and Brielle (my nieces and nephew) and Shaye, Darby and Rielly (my" family by choice" niece and nephews). I want to take the dogs for a walk around Clarkdale Meadows and visit with the moms from Kylisha's soccer team.



I miss Kylisha's pals and our house back home. I miss tea time with Brad and I want one of Dan's delicious caesar's! I want a giant Loni hug (and I desperately need a haircut too, Lon ;-) I want cuddles with Sara and Missy and I miss Myrtle too! I would do anything for one of Gail's egg salad sandwiches, Cathy Borelli's pizza or Sara Elsafadi's fattoush (and a hug from each of them)!! I miss Hope Mission Fridays and stopping for bubble tea. I miss my old students who would pop by my classroom to say hi (or come and help for the afternoon). I miss my dryer, oven, the Sherwood Park recycling program, and my KitchenAide mixer A LOT! I miss all the little things, which now (being on the other side of the world) seem like much BIGGER things.


Don't get me wrong...I LOVE it here. I really do. Every day I wake up and feel blessed to be here. Our family is loving every minute of this adventure and we are so happy that we were given this opportunity. The weather is great, we have amazing friends who we never would have met had we not come, and we are seeing and doing things most will never be fortunate enough to experience.

BUT...I just wanted to let you know that you're thought of often, remembered very fondly, and missed terribly. All of you! You are important to us and we love you!!

Thanks for Skyping and calling us! It means a lot and keeps me going!!! LOVE YOU!!! So much!!! <3

Amanda :-)

3 comments:

Jordan Kiat said...

it's about -30 in alberta right now. does that make you feel any better? (it's about -7 here in Nelson...Brrrr!)

see you next week.

Anonymous said...

I miss you too! I wish I could send you brownies and make you feel better :) Love, Lynne

Pat Bourne said...

We miss you too!! And there would be nothing better then a big hug from you too!! The kids talk about your kids ALL THE TIME!! They miss Kaidyn A LOT! Amaya has been writing letters to all of you (I kinda think it is mostly your names with drawing but it is the thought that counts). We miss you, love you and can't wait to see you again soon!! All our love and hugs!!

Post a Comment